For a while now we’ve speculated – thanks to leaks online – that Infinix will be launching a flagship-level device. This, we’ve stated, will be called the Zero X. Well, things have taken a turn.
Yesterday, the phone we’ve seen in leaks was unveiled to the world. But as a “CONCEPT PHONE”. Which could mean a couple of things:
- Either it is still being worked on, with launch slated for sometime in the near future
- OR it is a real smartphone but only made to showcase what Infinix can do. Meaning only a couple of devices will be made.
In a Press Release from China, Infinix announced what we’ve called the ‘Zero X’ as their first concept phone. It is officially called the “INFINIX CONCEPT PHONE 2021“. This points to perhaps more concept phones from the company in the future.
Infinix says their concept phone pushes the boundaries of innovative technologies and creative aesthetics to drive the future of smartphone designs forward. And it packs some very impressive tech including:
- The first dual colour-changing back cover – Infinix says the back of the Concept Phone combines electrochromic and electroluminescent technology to create the industry’s first dual colour-changing back cover, using light as the medium and electric field as the process
- 160W wired and 50W wireless fast charging technology – Infinix says it has integrated its Ultra Flash Charge (UFC) technology, Innovative Super Charge Pump, 60 security protection mechanisms and an 8C battery cell that enables the smartphone’s 4000mAh battery to be fully and safely charged in 10 minutes
- New AMOLED Display – Infinix says the 6.67” AMOLED display is improved with the addition of an 88° limit radian that forms a perfect surface using 3D glass.
- Powerful processor – there’s a 64-bit octa-core processor with two performance core ARM Cortex-A76 and six power-efficient core Cortex-A55 CPUs clocked at 2.05GHz and 2GHz respectively
- New Cameras – There’s a 64MP main lens, 120° ultra-wide-angle lens and a telephoto lens that can achieve up to 60x digital zoom. There’s a 32MP selfie camera.
- Security protection mechanisms and
- New temperature control capabilities
“While many emerging features in the market today are expensive and unobtainable for the everyday consumer, Infinix is committed to offering consumers innovation at an attainable price,” shares Jessy Zhang, Senior R&D Manager of Infinix Mobility.
“Creating valuable technology is the driving force behind the Concept Phone 2021. With Infinix being one of the most popular smart device providers among young people in emerging markets, our smartphones redefine productivity and efficiency and are a gateway to the future of digital life.”
Infinix says it will continue to develop and refine the technology showcased in the Concept Phone, so it can be implemented in future Infinix devices. Which still doesn’t tell us whether we will be seeing the device in retail shops any time soon.
What are concept phones?
A concept is a general idea of something. You can use a concept to plan for the future and work towards building something. In the case of phones, a concept phone showcases a company’s plan for what devices they could build and sell in the future.
Infinix Concept Phone 2021 Specifications:
|Display||6.67 Curved AMOLED Display
88° limit radian
|Rear Camera||Triple Setup:
64MP Main Lens
60X Digital Zoom Lens
|Front Camera||32MP Selfie camera|
|Chipset||64-bit octa-core processor
2 performance core ARM Cortex-A76 at 2.05GHz
6 power-efficient core Cortex-A55 CPUs at 2GHz
|GPU||ARM Mali-G76 MP4(-900 MHz)|
(Expandable Storage with dedicated Slot)
|Operating System||Android 11|
|Battery||4000 mAh battery
160W Fast Charging (0-100% in 10Mins)
50W Wireless Charging
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
3.5mm audio jack
|Colour options||Dual colour-changing back cover|
|Others||Under-display Fingerprint Scanner
DTS audio Dual Speakers